portrait © Nick Jaussi
Heba Khamis is a 29 years old Egyptian freelance visual researcher\photographer concentrates on the social issues that are sometimes ignored. After graduating with a bachelor in painting, Heba did a career shift and worked as a photojournalist. Covered the two revolutions in Egypt and the aftermath. Later her photography developed from ha a more documentary style after volunteering in Uganda. Khamis became more focused on the social and humanitarian issues. She is working on mixing her artistic skills and the photojournalistic experience to have her own style in documentation.
recently she is working on breast ironing issue in Cameroon, Refugees gay prostitution in Germany, Transgenders in Egypt.
NGOs: "Save the Children" EG, "FAO"EG,
publications: "New York Times" US, "Newsweek" US\Japan, "Politiken" Denmark, "Internazionale" Italy, "GEO" Germany, "Klassekampen" Norway, "Wordt Vervolgd" Netherlands, "DOC!" Poland, "6mois" France.
- 2018, "world press photo" contest, first prize contemporary issues stories.
- 2018, "Through a Women’s Lens" award, Honorable Mention.
- 2017, PHmuseum Women Photographers grant, second prize.
- 2017, Ian Parry scholarship, commended.
- 2014, UNDP Egypt Country Office launches "Equality for Women Is progress for All", Honorable Mention - single photo -.
- 2018, world press photo tour exhibition in 100 cities and 45 countries.
- 2017, Copenhagen photo festival, Denmark.
- 2017, Obscura Photo festival, Malaysia.
- 2017, international photojournalism festival "Vilnius Photo Circle", Lithuania.
- 2018, Arab Documentary Photography Program, Magnum Foundation & the Prince Claus Fund (PCF).
- 2017, Joop Swart Masterclass, World Press Photo.
- 2013, “The international reportage” masterclass, A joint project between "The Oslo and Akershus” University College of applied sciences, “Pathshala South Asian Media” Institute, and “Contemporary Image collective” in Egypt.
- 2013 - 2016 , “AP” The Associated press news agency in Egypt ,Freelancer.
- 2013 - 2015, “EPA” European press photo agency in Egypt. Freelancer.
- 2012 - 2015, “El Tahrir” newspaper in Egypt. staff photographer.
- 2013, “Moheet” website in Egypt. staff photographer.
- 2013, “Xinhua " news agency in Egypt. Freelancer.
- 2017, Diploma in photojournalism in faculty of applied science and arts. Hannover university, Germany.
- 2016, Diploma in photojournalism from Danish school of media and journalism. Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2011, Bachelor in Painting. Faculty of Fine Arts, Alexandria University, Egypt.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Based between Egypt & Amsterdam.