Heba Khamis is a 29 years old Egyptian storyteller concentrates on the social issues that are sometimes ignored. After graduating with a bachelor in painting, Heba did a career shift and worked as a photojournalist. Covered the two revolutions in Egypt and the aftermath. Later her photography developed from hard news to a more documentary style after volunteering in Uganda. Khamis became more focused on the social and humanitarian issues. She is working on mixing her artistic skills and the photojournalistic experience to have her own style in documentation.
recently she is working on breast ironing issue in Cameroon, Refugees gay prostitution in Germany, Transgenders in Egypt.
worked as a photojournalist in Egypt for:
- June 2013 - Jan 2016 ..... "AP” The Associated press news agency ....... Freelancer .
- Dec 2013 - Apr 2015 ..... “EPA” European press photo agency .......... Freelancer.
- April 2012 - Aug 2015 ..... “El Tahrir” newspaper ........ Staff photographer.
- Jan 2013 - Dec 2013 ....... “Moheet” online media ....... Staff photographer.
- Jan 2013 - Nov 2013 ...... “Xinhuanet " news agency ....... Freelancer.
- 2017, Joop Swart Masterclass, World Press Photo.
- 2017, Copenhagen photo festival, Denmark.
- 2017, Obscura Photo festival, Malaysia.
- 2017, international photojournalism festival "Vilnius Photo Circle", Lithuania.
- 2017, Diploma in photojournalism in faculty of applied science and arts. Hannover university, Germany.
- 2016, Diploma in photojournalism from Danish school of media and journalism. Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2013, “The reportage project”. A collaborative project between “Pathshala" South Asian Media institution, "Oslo and Akershus” University College of applied sciences and Contemporary Image collective in Egypt 30 photojournalism students.
- 2013, “Working in hostile environment” With “TYR solution” a private risk Mitigation Company.
available for assignments.
E-mail : email@example.com
currently in Egypt.