Heba Khamis is a 28 years old Egyptian storyteller concentrates on the social issues that are sometimes ignored. After graduating with a bachelor in painting, Heba did a career shift and worked as a photojournalist. Covered the two revolutions in Egypt and the aftermath. Later her photography developed from hard news to a more documentary style after volunteering in Uganda. Khamis became more focused on the social and humanitarian issues in Africa. recently she is working on breast ironing issue in Cameroon. She is working on mixing her artistic skills and the photojournalistic experience to have her own style in documentation.
Masterclasses & Grants :
- 2017, Ian Parry scholarship, commended.
- 2017, Joop Swart Masterclass, World Press Photo.
worked a photojournalist for:
- “AP” The Associated press news agency in Egypt ....... Freelancer June 2013 - Jan 2016.
- “EPA” European press photo agency in Egypt .......... Freelancer Dec 2013 - Apr 2015
- “El Tahrir” newspaper in Egypt ........ Staff photographer April 2012 - Aug 2015
- “Moheet” website in Egypt ....... Staff photographer Jan 2013 - Dec 2013
- “Xinhuanet " news agency in Egypt ....... Freelancer Jan 2013 - Nov 2013
- 2017, Diploma in photojournalism in faculty of applied science and arts. Hannover university, Germany.
- 2016, Diploma in photojournalism from Danish school of media and journalism. Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2013, “The reportage project”. A collaborative project between “Pathshala" South Asian Media institution, "Oslo and Akershus” University College of applied sciences and Contemporary Image collective in Egypt 30 photojournalism students.
- 2013, “Working in hostile environment” With “TYR solution” a private risk Mitigation Company.
available for your assignments.
E-mail : email@example.com Mob : +2 01004624600
currently in Egypt.